Your Personal Advocate During Trying Times
At The Law Office of Thomas J. MacLennan, we assist clients in the following estate-related legal matters:
- Estate Planning and Will Drafting
- Continuing Powers of Attorney for Property and Personal Care
- Estate Administration and Probate Applications
- Passing of Accounts and Fiduciary Accounting
- Claims for dependent’s support
- Attacking the validity of a will
- Setting aside a will based on incapacity or undue influence
- Power of attorney disputes
- Guardianship matters
We can assist you with your estate planning goals including will drafting, tax planning, drafting of living wills and advanced medical directives, naming powers of attorney, and appointing trustees.
Powers of Attorney and Capacity Issues
Ontario’s Substitute Decisions Act provides guidelines for determining whether an individual can make fundamental decisions regarding his or her health, finances, property, and overall well-being. Powers of attorney can be established for both property and personal care, which includes health care decisions. Both powers of attorney survive incapacity. At The Law Office of Thomas J. MacLennan, we represent those seeking to establish powers of attorney or disputing them.
Where an individual is incapable and without a valid power of attorney, we can act for you to obtain the orders appointing guardians of property and the person.
Our team approaches every case strongly focusing on client attention, responsiveness, and respect. Contact a highly knowledgeable Toronto estate litigation lawyer through our online form or call 416-591-1354 to arrange a consultation.