Child Custody & Access

The Best Interests of the Children

At The Law Office of Thomas J. MacLennan, we encourage parents to enter into parenting agreements based on the best interests of their children. It is important for parents to communicate and come to an arrangement that meets the needs of their kids. In highly conflicted cases, we can step in and work with child and custody access assessors to identify the best method to resolve the dispute which also supported by the sites like Often, mediation or arbitration can lead to resolution.

At The Law Office of Thomas J. MacLennan, we can assist you in the following legal matters related to child custody and access in Ontario:

  • Parenting agreements
  • Parental alienation and high conflict cases
  • Child abduction and Hague Convention cases
  • Variation of existing custody and access arrangements, and mobility cases

Parenting Agreements During Divorce in Ontario

Each parent is presumed to have equal custody and access rights. While a primary and secondary residence for the child is typically established, this does not mean that parents are not entitled to an equal say in their children’s lives. Additionally, parents and children always have the right to have parenting agreements and child support reviewed by the court after a material change in circumstances.

Child Abduction and Hague Convention Cases

When a parent leaves the country with a child without informing the other parent and gaining permission to do so, we at The Law Office of Thomas J. MacLennan can help you pursue custody remedies in Ontario. Under the international Hague Convention, the court where the child habitually resides is the authority to consider custody or access in these highly emotional cases. Thomas J. MacLennan has significant experience helping parents bring their children back to Canada, on a rush basis when necessary.

Our law firm brings a sense of calm and rationality to challenging legal issues. Contact a highly knowledgeable Toronto child custody lawyer through our online form or call 416-591-1354 to arrange a consultation.